The Platypus is a mobile/modular house mover:
The Platypus lifts and moves manufactured housing units with ease. Mating the halves of a modular or doublewide home is achieved without jacking or rolling. As a result, productivity is higher and the job site is safer. The Platypus's radio remote control removes the operator from a hazardous position and allows an unobstructed view of the work zone. By reducing hazards and man-hours per set, the Platypus offers a quick return on investment by lowering major cost factors!
Move it, Steer it, and Lift it into place – Quickly, Safely, and Precisely!
The Platypus is equipped with heavy-duty excavator-type tracks (street pads) for a dependable long service life, expertly designed to make lifting and moving mobile and modular housing units quick, easy and safe! The Platypus's hydraulic system, powered by a Kohler engine of your choice, provides the power and flexibility to accurately position the housing unit, even on the most demanding of work sites.
- Length … 20'-0" (240") (Transport Mode)
- Length … 18'-0" (216") (Work Mode)
- Width … 4'-8" (56")
- Weight … 7,440 lbs. (Gross)
- Height … 2'-8" (32") (Extended)
- Height … 1'-4" (16") (Lowered)
- Lifting Capacity … 50,000 lbs.
- Radio remote control
- 2-speed torque hubs
- Transport axle
- Hinged engine pan
- Framing spade / Lifting-body extension (extends to 14'-9")
- 35 HP Kohler gas engine (carburator)
- 38 HP Kohler gas engine (fuel-injected)
- Extended lifting-body extension (extends to 16'-1")